The department of education was started in 2013 at Sibsagar Commerce College. The department of education conducts one graduate (B.A) programme in education. The department has been constantly striving to initiate innovation in its academic programmes. The department has provided the students with an environment for critical thinking, research in multidisciplinary, academic counseling, sustainable development and for action research.
• To inculcate the spirit of enquiry in the teaching learning process through appropriate pedagogy and ICT.
• To promote woman education and women studies.
• To impact value oriented education and skill based training which will fasten leadership traits of the learners, thus generation sustainable development social harmony and peace.
• To forge alliance with the industries for enhancing industry academic interfacing.
• To enable the students to understand the need for using psychological experiments in teaching learning process.
Education department offering graduate course affiliated with the Dibrugarh University. Semester wise courses in BA Education (Non-Honors, CBCS)
Core course (6 credits each)
1 EDCN 101: PHILOSOPHICAL FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION.
2 EDCN 202: PSYCHOLAGICAL FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION.
3 EDCN 301: SOCIOLAGICAL FOUNDATIONS OF EDUCATION.
4 EDCN 401: EMERGING TRENDS IN INDIAN EDUCATION.
5 EDCN 508: MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES.
6 EDCN 604 : CHILD AND ADOLESENT PSYCHOLOGY
GENERIC ELECTIVE (GE)
1. GEEDN 502: GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
2. GEEDN 602: HUMAN RIGHTS EDUCATION
3. GEESEN 606: ECONOMICS OF EDUCATION
4. FEED 302: MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
For physical and mental development of the student’s education department organized a yoga completion. On the other hand, this department organized quiz completion, group discussion,seminar,project work,field study and other activities.