1) To impart higher education to the eligible youths.
2) To impart vocational training for livelihood through self enterpreneurship.
3) To instill in them a spirit of indquiry: scientific temperament and humanistic values.
4) To promote national integration and to make aware of the cultural heritage of the region.
5) To import training n games and sports, music, art & culture.
1) The students have to maintain high standards of discipline, morality and good conduct.
2) The students should abide by rules and regulations of the college as well as hostels prescribed by the college authority from time to time.
3) Violation of college rules, irregular attendence, damage of college property, discourtesy to the teachers and college stafin in any form, adoption of unfair means in the examination hall may lead to suspension, compulsory trasnfer or expulsion from the college and hostel.
4) The students union is to act for the greater interest of the students and the institution. It shall be subject to the guidance and control of the college authority.
5) All powers of maintanance of discipline and healthy atmosphere of the college and hostel are vested with principal and his decision will be the final in these matters.
6) Students should leave their bicycles, scooters locked in the shed provided for the purpose. No vehicle should be parked outside and in any other place of the college campus.
B.Com and B.A BOYS: White shirt and black trousers.
GIRLS: Light purple kurta, white patiala pyjama & white dupatta/ Light purple coloured blouse,white chaddar with purple border,muga coloured mekhela, black coloured sweater in winter season.
B.C.A BOYS: Sky blue shirt, grey trousers, dark blue tie & black shoes.
GIRLS: White saree with blue border, white blouse/White kurta & pyjama with sky blue dupatta.
PGDCA BOYS: Sky blue shirt, black trousers, dark blue tie & black shoes.
GIRLS: White saree with purple border & white blouse/ White kurta & pyjama with purple dupatta.
Uniform Accessories Each student is issued an Identity Card and a college badge during the time of admission.The students must carry the Identity Card while coming to the college and should also wear the college badge which is a part of the uniform.
It is mandatory to attend classes regularly and punctually. Willful absence from the classes will be treated as a serious breach of the college discipline. As per norms each student is required to obtain a minimum p.c of 75% of attendance to be a regular candidate. If his/her p.c of attendance is between 65% to 75%, he/she will be non-collegiate and if he/she cannot attain minimum 65% attendence, he/she will be treated as dis-collegiate. The percentage attendance also carries marks in the internal assessment evaluation. Therefore the attendance needs to be taken seriously.
1) No use of mobile phone inside the classroom.
2) Ragging is completely prohibited. Anyone found involved in this act will be expelled from the college and FIR will be lodged with the police
3) Ban of single use plastic. 4) No use of Tobacco inside the campus area (Tobacco Free Zone).
Ragging of any kind is strictly prohibited in the college campus as per the anti ragging guidelines provision. In case of any complain, it is to be immediately reported to the convener of Grievances Redressal Cell
Convener- Mr. Biswadeep Borkakaoty , 9435356797
Member- Mrs. Roonie Bothakur(Vice Principal), 9954479620
And necessary strict action will be taken against the concerned person.
The college library (Partially Automated) has a collection of 26017 books which include 12,251 text books and 9,097 reference books. The number of Magazines/Periodicals subscribed by the library is thirteen and number of journals subscribed is six. The number of newspapers in English is eight and Assamese is two. Other facilities in the library include Book-Bank, Reprographic facility, Internet etc.
Students may borrow books from the college library against issued cards. There are sufficient books for each subject. The working hours of the library is 10:00-17:00 (10:00 AM- 5:00 PM). The library has a good selection of other books and it has the capacity to fulfil the needs of the students and teachers alike. The library has a collection of some rare books which can be used as reference material.
There is a reading room attached to the library. Students can read the reference books, daily newspapers and journals provided. Books are also lent from the Book-Bank to the poor and meritious students.
SOUL 2.0 software has been introduced in the library in the year 2013. The college website has been digitalized and can be openly accessed from ( SCC KOHA)