Rules & Regulations
Monday to Saturday: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Holidays: Opens on Demand
• College Uniform is mandatory to Enter the Library.
• Library Card is mandatory to Enter the Library
• Always put attendance while entering the library.
• Silence ought to be inside the library at all the Time.
• Nothing other than pen, notepad/notebook, laptop, mobile phone (in silent mode) is allowed without prior permission from the library staff.
• Making phone calls inside the library is not allowed.
• Refreshment of any kind is permitted inside the library.
• All the permanent Administrative Staff, Teaching and Non- teaching staff of Sibsagar
Commerce College are automatically eligible for library membership.
• Temporary staff of Sibsagar Commerce College are eligible for library membership with production of valid appointment order.
• Students of the Sibsagar Commerce College during the tenure of admitted course are eligible for library membership.
• Guest membership can be acquired with proper permission form the principal of the college.
• Librarian reserves the right to cancel membership of any user as and when fits due.
• Application should be made in prescribed format with proper admission document for
• Information at admission portal should be up to date.
• Library Card shall be valid for the tenure of course or till retirement.
• In case of Loss of Card, librarian shall be informed immediately in written.
• Replacement library card fee: Rs. 70/-.
• Lending Rules
|Sl.no||Member Category||No. of Books Issued||Loan Period (Days)||Fine (per day)|
|1.||BA (H) Students||3||15||2.00|
|2.||BA (NH) Students||2||15||2.00|
|3.||B.COM. (H) Students||3||15||2.00|
|4.||B.COM. (NH) Students||2||15||2.00|
|6.||HIGHER SEC. Students||2||15||2.00|
|11.||CONTRACTUAL TEACHING STAFF||4||15|
• The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
• Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation to the book noticed at the time of return.
• Making stray marks on the book is strictly prohibited and punishable.
• If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books with the latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.