The Department of Accountancy of Sibsagar Commerce College started in the year 1977. The Accountancy Department has been a pioneer in the field of Accountancy Education in the Sibsagar district. The department offers three years B.Com (Honours and Non-Honours) Program under semester system. The department also includes Core and Discipline Specific Courses in B.Com program (both Honours. and Non-Honours) under CBCS, Dibrugarh University and also one Dibrugarh University approved add on course in “Certificate Course in Tally and E-Return Filing”.
The Department of Accountancy aims: To prepare the department as a center of excellence in Commerce education.
To achieve enrichment in the quality of teaching, research and extension activities.
To demonstrate an appropriate mastery of the knowledge, skills and tools of accounting principles.
To enhance the critical thinking skills and to develop the ability for identifying and evaluating accounting problems and to arrive at reasoned conclusions.
Financial Accounting (C101)
Corporate Accounting (C203)
Income Tax and Practise (C306)
Cost Accounting (C408)
Financial Accounting (CC102)
Corporate Accounting (CC402)
Income Tax and Practise (CC303)
Cost Accounting (CC403)
Management Accounting (DSE501)
Advanced Financial Accounting (DSE502)
Departmental Programme and Achievements
The department of Accounting and Finance has been offering B.Com (Hons) in Accounting and Finance. Apart from that, the faculty of the department takes classes of various paper of H.S. and M.Com. Achievements of the departments are:
1. Students from the Department got Jobs in various fields like education, corporate sectors, Government Sectors etc across the globe.
2. One student from the department name Mr. Abhishek Agarwalla (2016 Batch) cleared CAT and studied MBA in IIM Shilong.
3. One student from the department name Mr. Sarabjeet Singh (2016 Batch) cleared MAT and studied MBA in Tezpur University.
4. Mr. Nitu Knowar, an ex student from the department works in CKB Commerce College.
5. Miss Sonashree Das (2012 Batch), an ex student from the department works in Golaghat Commerce College.
6. Mr.Rabi Sankar Gogoi (2014 Batch), an ex student from the department works in Jhanji College.
7. A number of students from the department are now CA and providing services across the globe.
8. A number of students cleared National Eligibility Test (NET) and SLET.
1. Sri Rabi Shankar Gogoi - Batch - 2014 - NET 2018(June-July)
2. Sri Partha Jyoti Dutta - Batch - 2015 - NET 2019 (Nov-Dec)
3. Miss Nilakshi Baruah - Batch - 2016 - NET 2020 (Nov-Dec)