Considering the importance of commerce education in the present context, the M.Com (regular) Programme has been started in this premier institution of upper Assam in the year 2015 under Dibrugarh University .This two year full time course comprises of four semesters with specialty in Finance and marketing. We have been inviting various central and state universities, industries, Accounting and Marketing Professionals, Entrepreneurs and administrators in addition to existing faculty of the college to share their knowledge with our students which will help in their overall improvement.
The department aims to provide quality education to its students in commerce and management so that they are furnished with necessary skills and knowledge required for employment
The following are the main objectives of the course:
• To expand students’ knowledge of fields related to their current area of professional specialization.
• To make commerce education a benchmark and a medium for great career aspects.
• For providing assistance and information of career avenues available with commerce education.
• To improve qualification towards higher education level specialist position in consulting, finance, accounting, Information systems, marketing, human resource management and more.
• To provide great opportunities for students to grow as good professionals and build global networks.
Financial accounting and reporting
Financial institutions and financial markets
Security analysis and portfolio management
Insurance and risk management
Income tax law and practices
Organization theory and behavior
Agriculture and rural marketing